I will show you How To Download Starlight Mod for Minecraft 1.20.4. To improve lighting efficiency and correct lighting issues, Starlight 1.20.4 rewrites the light engine. Either the client or the dedicated server can have Starlight installed. The installation need not be done on both sides. Clients can connect using Vanilla if the server has Starlight installed. The same is true when connecting to Starlight servers if Starlight is installed on the client. Due to the light engine’s excruciatingly poor performance on higher scale dedicated servers, Starlight was created for them. Large multiplayer servers have performance concerns, hence Starlight was created for them.
Because of this, it was feasible to accelerate the operations more than 30 times faster than the vanilla engine is currently capable of. It’s possible that Mojang’s developers are also working to increase performance, but they will have a difficult time doing so because most players use Windows OS, which does not support many scripts made specifically for Linux servers. They will also have to transfer a lot of Bukkit server features to their engine. One aspect of a game that might lag and perform poorly is lighting. The lighting is just one of several elements that affect the game’s poor performance.
How To Download Starlight Mod for Minecraft 1.20.4
This Minecraft Mod is compatible with Minecraft 1.20.4 and any other versions that you can currently play. Keep in mind that each mod needs different loader. We will use the Fabric in this tutorial.
- The first step is to scroll down to find the download section. There are two links, the first of is for the Starlight and the second one for Fabric.
- We have to download both files, let me show you an example on the first one.
- Click on the link.
- Then you will appear on the redirection website, click on the link again.
- You are now on the website where you will do the rest, take a look on the right side please.
- As you can see, there is a download section, find the right Minecraft version and hit download.
- Then take the file and drop it on the desktop. Do the same with the second link please.
- I have a great article on How To Install Mods in Minecraft, read it if you want.
How To Install Starlight Mod in Minecraft 1.20.4
Just make sure you have both files on the desktop.
- Open the Windows Search Bar. You can find it on the left down corner of your screen.
- When you are there, type in %appdata% and hit enter.
- As soon as you hit enter, the roaming folder will pop up. There is “.Minecraft” folder, go into that.
- Just scroll down and open the “mods” folder.
- Now take the Starlight Mod 1.20.4 and drop it in the folder.
- We have to install Fabric now.
- Go back to the desktop.
- Agree with all the terms and conditions and then hit install.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher and choose the right version to play, enjoy!